Amateur Radio Association of Nebraska
Amateur Radio News, Events and Information If you love Amateur Radio, this is the place for you.

June 24, 2017, 02:05:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News Alert: Notice:  The next meeting is April 19th, 2017 at Central Community College Dawson Building Room 131.  See Forum for More Information.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: W5YI Contact VE - Let's get a VE Team going!  (Read 7445 times)
AA5ZC
« on: April 28, 2009, 01:59:21 PM »

I've been a W5YI VE since somewhere around '90, after I got my Amateur Extra license and was rather surprised to learn we have no local VE Team.

So I've taken it upon myself to be a Contact VE with W5YI-VEC, as opposed to ARRL VEC; the requirements are less strict, though the accreditation is just as valid.

I have all the necessary forms and a copy of the ARRL VE Handbook - which can be downloaded from the ARRL website as a .pdf so you don't have to print it out.

Please consider joining the VE Team so we can do our own scheduled testing here in Hastings, rather than rely on out-of-town Teams who, though they're well-qualified, just aren't available when we need them.

I hope to schedule this year's required minimum four test sessions on the second Saturday of June, July, August, and September, then set up 2010's sessions in March, May, July, and September.

I'd also like to see a local High School Science teacher get licensed and expose some of the local teens to Amateur Radio in Space; maybe even Middle School students...

73 de AA5ZC
kbasq
Administrator

Sunspots are better than Age Spots

View Profile WWWKB0ASQ1978
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2009, 02:18:45 PM »

I moved this to the Education board and renamed the board so we could get some activity in it.

I sent my ARRL/VEC registration in this afternoon and will do the same with the W5YI-VEC form on Friday.  All we need is a couple of more to step up and we should be good.

W6 -- JY1 Here is W6ANON -- How did you get such a fancy call sign?
You must have some political pull
JY1 -- It helps when your King!!
WYO

View ProfileWYO
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2009, 09:43:55 PM »

Though I am not yet a club member, I do intend to join soon. I live in GI and am currently holding ARRL/VEC accreditation as an Extra class.  I am certainly eager to help out and willing to "cross-certify" with W5WI if needed. Given notice, I can certainly adapt my work schedule in that regard. FWIW, I have a lot of years experience teaching (primarily digital) and am willing to help in any area if needed. Please check my QRZed bio for details in that area.

Oh yeah, Hi all!  I am a new guy on the board.  Thanks for letting me into the crowd! 
73 de wy0o k

73 de WYO k
kbasq
Administrator

Sunspots are better than Age Spots

View Profile WWWKB0ASQ1978
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2009, 08:10:39 AM »

Welcome aboard!

Hope to see you at field day.

KB0ASQ

W6 -- JY1 Here is W6ANON -- How did you get such a fancy call sign?
You must have some political pull
JY1 -- It helps when your King!!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Explore ARAN ....
Website Search  
Call Sign Search
Resources

Calendar, Gallery, Links, IRLP Node Status, Help, Search, Bookstore, Classes/Training, Education, Account Signup, Membership Brochure, IRLP Information, Member Roster

Forums

General Category, -Web Site News -General Discussion -ARAN News -ARAN Member Information -Public Service -IRLP (Internet Radio Linking Project) -Repeaters Classifieds, -For Sale -Wanted Education, -Ham Classes/Licensing -Other Training On The Workbench, -Amps -Radios -Boat Anchors -DXing -Antennas -Contesting -Digital -Computers -Electronics

Login, Register
ARAN, Amateur Radio Association of Nebraska
1417 W. 4th St.
Hastings, NE 68901

Contact ARAN
Join ARAN
Sitemap

View Our Stats