UPDATED!!!! LOOK NOW. ARRL Field Day is June 28-29, 2014

Home Forums ARAN News UPDATED!!!! LOOK NOW. ARRL Field Day is June 28-29, 2014

This topic contains 2 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  kd0jcp 5 years, 5 months ago.

Login Register
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

kd0jcp
    Participant

ARRL Field Day is June 28-29, 2014:

The ARRL has the website up on this years Field Day and it is http://www.arrl.org/field-day

We are looking for Ideas to make this years event bigger and better then previous year.  Let us know what you think.

KD0JCP

kd0jcp
    Participant

OK Everyone,

At our meeting tonight we decided to try something different tonight.  The Club will supply Hamburgers for a dinner on June 28th as part of the Field Day festivities this year.  If you do come to the dinner we just ask that you bring a dish of some sort to go with this meal.  The Meal will begin at 5pm.

More information to follow.  If you have anything that you can contribute to making this years Field Day bigger and better then ever let us know here or one of the board members.  Thanks.

KD0JCP

kd0jcp
    Participant

Hi Everyone,

Field Day is upon Us.  First, this Thursday, June 26th at 7pm at the Red Cross in Hastings we will be having a work night to get everything ready.  That location is 415 N Kansas Ave, Hastings, NE 68901.  If you have time stop by and give us a hand.

Second, The 28th at 9am we will get together at the North McDonalds in Hastings for a Breakfast before we get started on getting any last minute things ready for Field Day. 

Third,  The event will run from 1pm Saturday till 1:59pm on Sunday.  (That is what the Arrl website says so don't shoot me…)  Now if you are planning on coming over after 7pm please get a hold of one of us or reply to this email and make sure we know.  If things are dead band wise we may close up sometime on Saturday evening and not be back till 8 or 9am Sunday!!!  We will have two HF rigs in operation and also a VHF/UHF rig. We can do Voice, Digital and if you bring your key CW. If you can't make it to Field Day get a hold of us on the ARAN link system so we can get as many contacts as possible…

Fourth,  we are going to try and do a Dinner at 5pm on Saturday.  We will have Hamburgers and Buns.  Maybe even hot dogs.  All we ask is that you bring a pot luck type side to go with this.  I would ask that if you are planning on attending let me know by replying to this email.  That way we start getting a count on hamburgers.  Also let me know how many people you are bringing.

This would also be a good time if you know someone interested in Amateur Radio, to bring them along and show them what we do.

KD0JCP

Login Register
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar