Skywarn Day 2014

Home Forums ARAN News Skywarn Day 2014

This topic contains 2 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  kd0jcp 5 years ago.

Login Register
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

kd0jcp
    Participant

Looks like Skywarn Day 2014 will be December 5-6th this year.  I will start this Thread to start planning for this event.  Last year was a lot of fun and hopefully this year will be too.

KD0JCP

kd0jcp
    Participant

Website with more information.

http://www.wrh.noaa.gov/mtr/hamradio//index.php

kd0jcp
    Participant

Hi All,

I know this is a late notice but I was waiting to make sure the paperwork is in.  And it is now done so, we will get together and setup the antenna at 3pm on Friday.  I will include a link in this email at the bottom with information on the event from the ARRL.  We start at 6pm Friday and can operate until 6pm on Saturday.  Now I know for sure that no one will be out there overnight, but I don't know for sure what hours will be worked.  Probably 6pm to 9pm Friday and about 8 or 9am Saturday until whenever people get tired.  So if you plan on coming out you may want to make a call on the Repeaters and make sure someone is out there.

We will have our good Yaesu HF radio out there and be able to do voice and digital modes.  I think the Antenna does 40-17 or something like that.  If you would like to do CW that would be fine but you will need to bring your own key.  The weather service also has 2 2m-440 radios that we will use for IRLP and also voice contacts on the repeaters.  Now that reminds me, If you can't make it into the Weather Service tune in sometime to the repeater and give us a call.  We will use W0WWV and we can use as many contacts as we can get.  Skywarn Day is a great time to have some fun making contacts.  It is not as fast paced and hectic as Field Day can seem and is a great time to try using the radios to test situations that may come up in an emergency. 

I hope to see you all there.

http://www.arrl.org/news/skywarn-recognition-day-2014-is-december-6

PS so I don't have to spam you again.  If you are a member in good standing of the club and would like to run for an office in the club email me.  I get the fun of putting together the Nominations for the board.

KD0JCP

Login Register
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar