Breaking News

Home Forums ARAN News Breaking News

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  KBØHAW 8 years, 8 months ago.

Login Register
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

WD0DXD
    Keymaster
    Press Release

Dated: 04/01/2011

GIARS (Grand Island Amateur Radio Society) agrees to be acquired by ARAN (Amateur Radio Association of Nebraska) in a stock and cash deal valued at 999,999.99.

Ron L.. spokesman for ARAN said everyone was real excited about the new group.  Quote ” With the addition of GIAR's membership we will have to rent a bigger room for meetings and the average age of our membership will – well I guess be about the same.”

Ron L. also stated that funds for the purchase will primarily be raised by having bake sales and car washes.  Quote: ” it's going to be a lot of cupcakes and car washes, but we think we can do it.”

When asked about the purchase price, Ron said that they didn't think they could raise a penny more.

Requests for comments from the board of directors of GIARS went unanswered, they are reportedly vacationing in the Bahamas.

KC0MWM
    Participant

You guys are the best! This acquisition has been a long time coming. The most difficult decision we've had to make in the past week was Bahamas or Caymans. I got out-voted.

We'll schedule a press conference when we return. Gotta run, Aaron KD0ENX just came back with another round of Margaritas.

Ciao'

Rog KC0MWM

WD0DXD
    Keymaster

We may have run into a slight funding problem.  After seeing the ARAN members in their bathing suits, the local authorities have shut down our car wash.

So I would hold off on anymore rounds of Margaritas.

N0YXV
    Participant

Does that mean that ARAN is also acquiring the debt load from GIARS as well?

WD0DXD
    Keymaster

Does that mean that ARAN is also acquiring the debt load from GIARS as well?

We have always had a strict 2 Margareta per member rule.

KBØHAW
    Participant

Hey Guys, Sorry I couldn't make it to the fundraiser car wash.  It took the rescue squad almost 4 hours to get me out of that old bathing suit.  I guess it has been a few years, and it seems you can't “load up” a “20 Meter” bathing suit on a “40 Meter” operator.

Happy April. ;D

de KBzero…. . .  HAW!

Login Register
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar