Skip to toolbar

back door trojan horse virus.

Home Forums Computers back door trojan horse virus.

Login Register
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    K0YNE
    Participant

Recently my old computer had received 2 back door trojan horse viruses. AVG took care of one, but not the second one. It said the computer was infected. Sure enough, 3 weeks later it was killed…
    The question is, can i take the hard drive out and recover my photos, or will it infect the other computer i hook it too???? Hate to loose all the photos on the old hard drive.  Paul K0YNE

WD0DXD
    Keymaster

Recently my old computer had received 2 back door trojan horse viruses. AVG took care of one, but not the second one. It said the computer was infected. Sure enough, 3 weeks later it was killed…
    The question is, can i take the hard drive out and recover my photos, or will it infect the other computer i hook it too???? Hate to loose all the photos on the old hard drive.  Paul K0YNE

Paul,

Bring it up to us.  We can mount it on one of our machines and scan it, then transfer the pictures to a cd or DVD for you.

K0YNE
    Participant

THANKS ALLEN, AND AS SOON AS I CAN, I WILL DROP IT OFF. WOULD YOU WANT TO LOAD IT INTO A
    8 GBT SANDISC? I BELIEVE THERE ARE A LOT OF PICTURES. MAYBE 1000 OR MORE. MANY STILL IN THE
    ORIGINAL 5 MEGAPIXAL FORMAT. FROM MY CAMERA.. I HAVE TO GET THE SANDISK, AND ALSO, I HAVE A
    SECOND HARD DRIVE IN THE COMP. THAT HAS A LOT OF SPACE AND MAYBE I COULD LOAD THEM INTO IT FROM THE MAIN HARD DRIVE.  THANKS AND PROBABLY BE NEXT WEEK ONE DAY.. PAUL K0YNE

K0YNE
    Participant

ALLEN, IF THE OLD COMPUTER IS WORKABLE, MAYBE REMOVEAL OF THE VIRUS MAY BE ALL IT NEEDS?PAUL

Login Register
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.