Skip to toolbar

A 3 ELEMENT 10 METER YAGI HOME BREW. 28.500 MHZ

Home Forums Antennas A 3 ELEMENT 10 METER YAGI HOME BREW. 28.500 MHZ

Login Register
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    K0YNE
    Participant

SINCE I BUILT BOTH THE 2 AND 3 ELEMENT 10 METER BEAMS, I FOUND THEM BOTH TO WORK VERY WELL.  THE 3 ELEMENT MENTIONED HERE IS NOT AN EXACT COPY OF MINE, BECAUSE I HAVE A SLIGHTLY LONGER VERSION THAT IS ABOUT 16 FEET LONG'

THIS 3 ELEMENT BEAM  USES A BOOM OF 1 1/2 INCHES ROUND OR FLAT TUBING.

BOOM TOTAL LENGTH (SLIGHTLY LONGER THAN ELEMENT SPACING) WOULD BE 13 FEET 9 INCHES.
    THIS EXTRA LENGTH SHOULD ALLOW FOR THE ELEMENT SADDLES OR ATTACHING BRACKETS TO
    FIT ON BOOM.

SPACING BETWEEN ELEMENTS EDGE TO EDGE (NOT CRITICAL) IS 6 FEET AND 7 INCHES.

DIRECTOR  ELEMENT IS 15 FEET AND 7 3/8 INCHES LONG.

DRIVEN ELEMENT IS 16 FEET AND 7 INCHES LONG.

REFLECTOR ELEMENT IS 17 FEET AND 7 INCHES LONG.

MATCHING FOR RG 8 OR RG 58, 50 OHM COAX  BY BUILDING A GAMMA MATCH.

INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE 10 METER GAMMA MATCH CAN BE FOUND IN THE COMPANION 2 ELEMENT
    10 METER ARTICLE IN THIS SECTION UNDER ANTENNA'S.. GAMMA MATCHES ARE NOT DIFFICULT TO
    BUILD AND ONCE CONSTRUCTED, ARE FAIRLY EASY TO ADJUST FOR A GOOD SWR.
    YOU MAY WANT TO BORROW AN MFJ ANTENNA ANALYZER TO MAKE TUNING MORE ACCURATE.
    I HAVE BUILT 15, 10, 6 AND 2 METER GAMMA MATCHING DEVICES, AND ALL HAVE PERFORMED WELL.
    GAMMA MATCHES CAN BE FOUND AT ARRL ALSO.

TUBING FOR THIS PROJECT CAN BE FOUND AT TEXAS TOWERS ON THE INTERNET.

THESE BEAMS WILL BE A GREAT INVESTMENT TO WORK DX OR STATE SIDE, GIVING YOUR SIGNAL A BETTER PUNCH COMPARED TO A DIPOLE. THE BEAMS ARE ALSO VERY FLAT IN SWR OVER A MUCH WIDER RANGE THAN A DIPOLE MADE OF WIRE.
    watch for power lines
    GOOD LUCK AND BE CAREFUL

K0YNE PAUL

Login Register
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.